Top 10 things to consider when building a website
By Matt Adams on October 25, 2008
In no real order of importance.
- Who is your audience?
location, age groups, demographics, etc.
- Why are they there?
research? purchase? contact?
- What are your top 5 goals of the site?
increase sales, increase awareness, PR.
- Once its up, who will maintain the content of your site? you, a staff member (if so how?), the web design firm.
- How will your market your website
Search engines, ads, social media, grass roots word of mouth
- Who will be building it?
you, your brothers son, a fly by night freelancer, or maybe a quality design firm
- What is your budget?
$500 or $5000. Set realistic goals. Good sites do not cost $500.
- Can you read testimonials, or speak to references of the web firm?
- Who will be writing content and supplying the photos?
- What should your domain be, and who will be hosting it?
These are a few questions we ask all new clients, and potential clients. They are some of the most important questions to think through as you get started on building a website.