the BEST during the WORST
By Matt Adams on February 10, 2009
Do the hard times really bring out the best in businesses and non-profits?
I believe so.
One recent commentary on our current economy strongly suggested that during lean economic times it is natural for people to trend towards ‘BEST’ even when on a whole we are spending less. Think about it, even the BEST companies are cutting their prices right now. It isn’t the BEST companies that are going under, but mostly the sub-par and also the marginal ones. The BEST out there are competing like never before and are positioning themselves to survive & SUCCEED during these times. Some of the BEST products are now in reach of purchase where they weren’t before. Heady organizations are putting their dollars into their BEST core products or contributions.
Below is a link with a short interview from Seth Godin as it relates to positioning your company or organization.
Here are some additional thoughts:
- what can we do to REFINE our organization?
- how do we UNIQUELY set ourselves apart from our competition?
- in which areas are we STRONGER than everyone else?
- do we care more about being known or more about being on target and succeeding?
- which of our people make the most irreplaceable contributions?
Godin Interview : http://mashable.com/2009/02/04/seth-godin-advice-for-startups/